Thursday 26 July 2012

Getting Back To Work


Having a baby is a life changing experience, your time is no longer your own. Everything revolves around Ferris and very irregular eating and sleeping (if we’re lucky) routine - not to mention the nappies! Gone are the days when I could roll home from work, pull on the cycle shorts and breeze out the door for an hour or two on a training ride before dinner. So to keep up the fitness and maintain my sanity I’ve been cycling to work every day. It is a 35 mile round trip taking about an hour each way. The first week was fairly torrid with a fierce headwind in the mornings and a couple of soggy rides home. However, this week couldn’t have been better, spinning along the coast road looking out at  the sun sparkling across the harbour.
I am slightly concerned that I’m becoming tuned to 1 hour rides. Although mile munching on the road bike does mean I’m racking up 175 miles a week backwards and forwards to the office. Time will tell how I cope with the 6 hour Brighton Big Dog Enduro on the 4th August.


Why a photo of a pig? My route home takes me through the pig farms around Funtington and this chap (I don’t actually know it’s the same one) oinks at me everyday as I ride past. I’ve started replying with a cheery “Hello!”. Is this the first signs of commuter madness?

No comments:

Post a Comment