Friday 13 July 2012

I'm Back! - June Summary

Well what an exciting few weeks! Ferris Connor was born on the 30th June so there hasn't been much time to think about cycling recently! My two weeks paternity leave have flown by in a flurry of nappies, visitors, midwives and dodgy instant meals.


Ferris - 7lbs 8oz
June Summary


Miles : 478.9
Riding Time : 29 hours 50 minutes

Highlight: Birth of baby Ferris!
Low Point: The weather and low mileage

With due date looming my riding and racing reduced as I didn't want to find myself hours from home when the call came in! With no racing goals for motivation there was also little incentive to venture out during the wettest June on record.

I managed one final Southern area race but missed the last round. The dropped points unfortunately meant I finished 11th overall in the series. Still quite an achievement but a top 10 would have been nice!

I had already written off July and two weeks in I've hardly looked at a bike. I did however enter a local race, which I should have won but....... more on that later!


No comments:

Post a Comment