Sunday 1 June 2014

Tortuous Time Off

It has been a tough bike free two weeks since my accident. Today was especially hard, not only was it a crystal clear sunny day perfect for a two wheeled foray into the wilderness. I'd also had today pencilled in as the main competitive target of the year. The Merida Summer Monkey at Caesars Camp. I pre-entered almost as soon as entries opened and had targeted my training towards a result today.

Instead of blasting aorund the trails and fighting it out for a podium, I have instead been tinkering around the garden and cutting the lawn. Wounds are healing, but I am still feeling so tired. The accident and the concussion have really knocked the stuffing out of me. I have yet to make it through a day without a good long nap!

The really bitter pill is that my 2014 race season is over, and it is really hard to adjust my priorities after focusing so long on this year. 

Hopefully a new helmet will arrive next week and I can enjoy exploring the local trails this summer without the pressure of racing. I've also been enjoying some longer weekends with my son and yesterday got him out on a bike!

An uncomfortable looking Daddy is told which way to go next!

No comments:

Post a Comment