Sunday 3 August 2014

Breaking Records


My accident in the middle of May wrote off the rest of that month and my recovery extended well into June. July heralded a serious return to the saddle, initially involving relaxed rides on my own. The first group outings opened my eyes to how much form I had lost in 6 weeks. At the monthly shop ride, which is usually a social evening and a chance for a natter, I was hanging well off the back of the group, out of breathe and on my own! 
 
Weekend rides have been a similarly painful experience, so much so that I had to leave my friends and head home early the other week after I completely hit the wall on a dusty climb up from Duncton.
 
The incredible weather has meant I’ve been commuting to work most days and racking up the miles. So much so that July has seen me pass 800 miles within a calendar month for the first time! I’m hoping all these extra miles will soon have me back on the pace. Of course everyone else is undoubtedly making hay while the sun shines, but let’s hope I have closed the gap a little!


 
 

  • Graph of the mileage this year so far. Nice flat line in May after my accident and a shorter one when I was on holiday in April.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment