Thursday 11 September 2014

Rotor Q Ring

I've had Rotors oval Q rings on my mountain bike for several years. The Spanish manufacturer advertise their rings ability to reduce rider fatigue based on all kinds of scientific lab results. My personal experience is based on feel; they help me keep the pedals spinning and stay on top of a harder gear for longer.

Rotor sponsor a growing number of elite riders, which means they are notching up an impressive list of race successes. The Tour de France and World Championships are one thing, but success is now feeding down to local races like the Brighton Big Dog.

Oval rings on my mtb might help race day performance, but the majority of my miles are chalked up on the road. So I've purchased a 50 tooth Q ring for my Trek Madone. Training on the same rings will I hope encourage my muscle memory to learn an eliptical rhythm before it comes to race day.



No comments:

Post a Comment