Thursday 23 October 2014

Break in Proceedings

Just as everything was looking rosey and my training was going well, life pulls the rug from under my feet again! This week I had hoped to put in some good base training miles before a week off on holiday in Rome. 

Monday started out to plan, nearly 40 miles chalked up on the usual commute. That evening I sat down for my evening dinner and a piece of chicken wedged in my throat. After spending the entire night in the Queen Alexandra A&E department I was admitted for surgery and have spent the last few days on a drip unable to eat solids. 

The way this year is going I think I should take out a season ticket with the NHS! 

I am home now and hopeful I might try and get out on the bike before flying to Italy. The past few weeks I really felt I was coming into form.  In the grand scheme of things it probably doesn't make much difference, but it is frustrating to think I will be sitting out two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment