Monday 15 December 2014

Brass Monkeys : Round 2 - The Christmas Cracker

 
Santa on his way to 11th place!

After the mud bath that was round 1, Sunday produced a perfect crisp winters day for the 2nd installment of the Brass Monkeys series. The course provided some awesome fast technical trails mixed with long taxing fireroad climbs. It was a frosty start but the sun was shining and bikes stayed relatively mud free after 4 hours racing.

For me it was a race of two halves, the fast stop/start nature at the beginning of the lap suiting me perfectly. From the start I even stayed with George Budd and the leaders for the first few miles until we reached the swoopy army trenches section. All day I made up ground and passed riders early on, only for them to catch me again later in the lap.

My run of top 10 finishes came to an end (just), but I finished strongly ahead of several riders who I haven't beaten for a couple of years. I think they were surprised to see Santa coming through!


No comments:

Post a Comment