Sunday 19 April 2015

Spring has sprung!

Spring is here. Sunshine and Bluebells!
I can't remember the last time it rained, which means the singletrack up at Whiteways is dusty, dry and perfect to be hammered at warp speed. Even the trails at Kingley Vale are mud free which usually only happens for a few days in mid August! The added bonus is that the undergrowth hasn't grown up yet, so every corner can be nailed without ending up with arms and legs buzzing from bramble cuts and nettle stings!

Frustratingly despite the sunshine I haven't managed many rides recently, but when I have been out it has been for fun filled off-road blasts. No mind numbing commutes this week.

An early morning pre-work lap of Whiteways was cut short on Wednesday after a split tyre. But not before I had conquered my irrational fear of the 'log roll'. After work I tried to make up for the mornings problems with 30 minutes up and down the man made trails at Kingley Vale. I hadn't ridden 'The Edge' and 'The Hare & Hounds' since last autumn.

Friday I rode an extended route home from work, through both Kingley and Whiteways to try and boost the miles. The Kawasaki 100km is looming on the horizon and I am desperately short of longer rides.

On Sunday the Fab Four were joined on a dizzying singletrack dash by representatives from two Worthing bike shops; JP from Quest Adventure and Alex from South Downs Bikes, to make the Super Six! There can be nothing more addictive on two wheels than flying flat out through flowing corners in a group of riders, sun on your back and no bike washing or dirty clothing to worry about when you get home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment