Tuesday 23 February 2016

New arrival!

My daughter Sapphire was born on Valentines day, so cycling hasn't even been on the radar for a few weeks. On Sunday I took a few hours off nappie duty for a road ride with the boys. It was brilliant to be back in the saddle.  Surprisingly I felt quite strong on the bike, perhaps I should take two weeks off more often! 

Time is going to be precious in the coming months, so I'm going to need to make the most of my opportunities to get out on the bike. Today it was a window of 50 minutes while my wife was on the school run to collect our older son. Just time for 5 hill reps up the Sculpture climb at Goodwood.

Needless to say I won't be breaking any mileage records in 2016. I am nearly 500 miles behind last year already and it isn't even March! It will be interesting to see if with focused training I can maintain an equivalent level of fitness. Last year was built largely on commuting miles, but it was not very specific training and I expect much of it was nonsense mileage which gained little other than tiring me out. We'll see!

1 comment: