Tuesday 8 March 2016

Weighty matters with Strada Wheels

As a new Dad with added mothers day duties this Sunday, the weekly mileage continues to be a bit lean. Judging by how I was dropped like a stone by the rest of the group, on every climb the other week, my Diesel engine is more 1.1 than 2 litre at the moment. I also made the mistake of stepping on the bathroom scales the other night, it was bad news! 6kg above the 68kilos I maintained through 2015. Lets just say there is work to do!

On the bike side of things I blogged previously here about new rims from Light Bicycles, that I bought to replace my previous battered hoops. Darren at Strada wheels has worked his magic and laced them to my Stans 3.30 hubs using Sapim CX-ray spokes. They look stunning and the weight weenie in me just loves the 1470g weight - taped and valved! Ok its only a weight saving of 50g over the previous wheels, which seems insignificant when I'm carrying the equivalent of eight spare wheels around my waist, but its great motivation to get out there and do them justice. Expect a review in the coming months....


No comments:

Post a Comment