Monday 18 July 2016

Spinning up the climbs!

#Absoluteblack 30t oval chainring fitted; it was time for a 6hr training ride. I've been using ovals for several years so there was no adjustment necessary. There are two less teeth than previously on the ring, which should help in the Alps. 
Absolute Black Oval Chainring
Talking of the Alps there is only a month to go before the Grand Raid. So I went in search of the local "mountains". It might be the highest point in Hampshire, but at 271m Butser Hill is only a pimple compared to the 2787m of the Pas De Lona, the final climb of the Grand Raid.
 
My ride stats were 6hrs, 66miles and 2000m of climbs. In some ways completing this ride has helped build my confidence ahead of my Swiss trip. On the other hand the thought of 4 more hours, 10 extra miles and more than 3000m more ascent is somewhat daunting!
 
Two times over Butser and still smiling!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment